eeeewan.co.uk - Forum

A forum with no posts
It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:50 pm 
Nazgul

Share what games you're playing at the moment, share any accomplishments, humourous failures, anything really.

So what are you playing?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:00 am 
Nazgul

Currently downloading Syndicate which is a reboot of the Syndicate series that is released this year.

Haggis should definitely remember Syndicate Wars since we used to play that loads multiplayer at mine back in the day on the PS1. With the persaudatron and all that.

The original game was Syndicate, then Syndicate Wars was released for the PS1.
And now at the end of February this year Syndicate was released but it's now been completely changed to a FPS rather than a topdown strategy/tactical game. So personally I actually think it's going to be pish now but we'll see.

Watch this space!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 pm 
Fresh 'n' Fuzzy

Dont forget the epic "Self Destruct" command, especially comedic on the level with the massive intro.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:57 pm 
Nazgul

Gadge wrote:
Dont forget the epic "Self Destruct" command, especially comedic on the level with the massive intro.

I'd completely and utterly forgotten about the selfdestruct in it :D
It was useful now and again, rare. More often it tended to be used as you say.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:08 pm 
Nazgul

I was crap at that game, kept wondering off while I was playing multiplayer with Jym and Haggis and annoying them by mowing down anyone I could with the mini-gun..good times.
The main bit I remember from it is the intro though.."move along!"
It's all about Skyrim now though. Tis the mutt's nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:18 pm 
Nazgul

Currently playing :
Diablo 3 - Still on Hardcore mode, 2nd barbarian is still alive and is about an hour from being back where I was when my first one died. Just approaching Diablo on Nightmare difficulty at the moment, level 49 (was 52 when my first barbarian died) so everything is going quite well. Shouldn't really die before reaching hell difficulty but there's always a chance when you run into harsh as fuck elite packs.

Oblivion - Fancied playing some Oblivion, never really played much more than an hour or two into it before. It was already still installed on the PC so I have been playing that a bit the last couple of days. Good fun, as the elder scrolls games always are :) Just basically been wandering about doing whatever quests I come across. Will worry about the main storyline quest eventually :D

I love the fact that the quests are actually a bit more realistic than most (pretty much all games), was the same in Morrowind and I assume it's the same in Skyrim.
Most games quests will go something like the following :
"There's an evil mage to the north raising an army of the dead. Go kill him"
Then you have to go kill him.
Or,
"I'm an heir to the throne, there might be proof in my childhood home."
So you go to the childhood home and kill someone and loot the proof from them.
You get the idea. Basically there will be some backstory but it won't matter because the quest will involve killing someone and maybe looting something from them.

Whereas in the elder scrolls games, you'll be given an item that converts his army of the dead to your control and then either use them to kill him or just banish them, or whatever and so long as he no longer has the army of the dead it will be quest complete.
Or the childhood home one (an actual example from oblivion) you'll be given a key to a secret room in his childhood home, and you'll have to search for that and find proof in there, still similar but just gets rid of the inevitable, "go kill X and get Y because Z"
Or the quest I did last night where one of the shopkeepers is suspected of selling stolen goods, so you follow him when his shop closes, he wanders round the city then meets up with someone, you eavesdrop from some nearby bushes then follow the guy he met who is doing the stealing back to his house. Then you have to break into his house while he's not there and find evidence of what's going on to turn in to the guards.
Instead of, Follow him, kill them both that would be the more standard option.

It just makes quite a big difference.
It also has the lovely open ended class system typical of the Elder Scrolls game with your 7 primary skills that you skill up to level up and a load of secondary ones that just level up for the sake of getting them better. With the excellent touch of realism that you get your skills better simply by using them.

Have got a few mods installed to improve the experience.
Got Darnified for the UI changes, makes it seem like it actually has an alright interface instead of a badly converted console one. Lets you see more items in your inventory screen at once, gives you a bigger easier to use map, adds extra hotkeys for opening various screens and just improves the whole thing massively.
Got another one that changes what loads of locations look like so that there are far more completely unique areas that look nothing like anywhere else in the game which is a real nice one.
Then obviously a mod to just improve the graphics and slightly better textures.
The 'Unofficial Oblivion Patch', can't remember what it all does but it fixes shitloads of bugs amongst other things.
And one that gets rid of the stupid enemy levels scaling just to be the same as yours. So now there are areas of the world that will have massively high level enemies right from the start where you'll just die instantly if you go to soon but also some areas will have low level enemies and will thus be stupidly easy later on. Far better though, I mean you shouldn't even have a chance of killing a dragon right at the start of the game.

Got a feeling I've got a couple more but those are the ones that spring to mind.

I had tried one that added in more moves for combat, made blocking more difficult, added kicking and the ability to throw your sword (or other equipped weapon) and shield bash. However, it didn't seem to be all the polished the mod, I didn't like the changes to the interface and the extra combat moves were extremely light on actual content. So I got rid of it because I wasn't convinced that it wasn't making combat far too easy. Closing the first oblivion portal was far too easy. Then had to start a new character (had only played for an hour or 2 so wasn't an issue) because the save file that had Deadly Reflexes mod activated then wouldn't seem to load once I deactivated the mod, which it totallt should have done but never mind.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:36 pm 
Nazgul

Resident Evil 6 purchased.Sicky pulled.Joint rolled. Tinny cracked. Commence!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm 
Fool of a Took

That sounds fuckin' sweet. I miss my crappy old PS2 (but only a little).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 am 
Nazgul

Now playing :
Wargame : Red Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:26 am 
Fresh 'n' Fuzzy
Random avatar

Im currently playing Fate Grand Order. It is quite interesting to unlock all the servant characters of the game.