eeeewan.co.uk - Forum

A forum with no posts
It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 am 
Nazgul

Nice, u hiring a car and doing coast to coast roadtrip?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:32 am 
Nazgul

Pedro wrote:
Nice, u hiring a car and doing coast to coast roadtrip?

Gonna hire a car for a bit but probably not for coast to coast because I'll end up spending so much time driving if I do that. Not really sure how I'm going to do it all. Maybe go to Vegas first, then Frisco then visit a friend in the North of California. Drive LA->Vegas->Frisco then get public transport from there. I'm really not sure. Probably cheaper to keep a car for the couple of days I'm in Vegas than it would be to fly from Vegas to San Francisco.

Gonna have to give it some thought since I arrive there tomorrow at 10am. I leave Auckland at 7pm tomorrow and land at 10am tomorrow in LA. Great fun crossing the dateline :D

I know there's been some snow in the very north of CA already but in LA it's still like 26 degrees.
So gonna have a fair range of temperatures I reckon.

Can see where my hair was longer before I got it cut the other day from all the tanlines on my head :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:42 pm 
Nazgul

If you do hire a car its totally got to be a convertible!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm 
Fool of a Took

Pedro wrote:
Will you not need to find some paid work whatever you do? You at second farm just now?

Yeah, I'm still at the second farm. Still have most of my money, so I don't really need to find a job until next year. I think I'll just keep wwoofing and trying to improve my French.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 pm 
Nazgul

Nice.Howd u manage to save that much money?! been selling weed disguised as cookers??

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 pm 
Fool of a Took

No, I've been wwoofing almost the entire time I've been here, so there hasn't been much chance to spend money. I think two more weeks at this farm, then two weeks to tour round France and see people, and after that fly home for Christmas.

Also today I'm getting a French lesson from a Spainiard, because he wants to practice his teaching. Wwoofing's a quality way to learn stuff without spending money.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:47 pm 
Nazgul

Ah right, thought you'd said you'd been spending too much money, but I think was one of samwises posts actually.hows yer french coming on?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:59 pm 
Nazgul

You gonna be back for the 21st by the way? if so I believe there's going to be a mass exodus to the pics to see the hobbit. Also its apparently the day the world ends, according to the Mayans that is, but some daft hippy forgot about leap years..so really it was about 3 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:11 pm 
Fool of a Took

I've booked a flight for the 18th, so I will indeed be around to see the Hobbit. Before that I'm hitch-hiking to see my friends David and Mailysa near Marseille, and then getting a train to Paris (only £30 and 3 hours to go all the way to Paris!), to stay with another friend, Rose, for a few days.

Also got to use a chainsaw today, which was awesome. And yesterday another wwoofer got run over by a trailer full of fire wood! I ran and jamp onto the front of the trailer while it was moving, he tried to do the same, fucked it, fell over, and now his knee's pretty fucked.

These Frenchies shouldn't try to keep up with us Scots.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:40 pm 
Nazgul

Christ! what a fanny! did it properly go over his leg?? Thats a fare old trek, how long do u reckon it'll take u?
I've mostly been collecting bags and bags of leaves and cuttinh back perrenials for the last month or 2. I now hate autumn. Bring on the fuckin winter!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next